This article is a list of the best Tuner for Dodge Charger available to help you maximize performance. Our reviews – the product of extensive testing – focuses on the best Tuner for Dodge Charger RT, SRT, and Hemi engines.
Ever since the Chrysler subsidiary came up with the model in 1964, the Dodge Charger has symbolized grit, power, and performance. Despite the Dodge Charger’s characteristics, there are countless products out there to help you get the best out of your Dodge Charger. We are here to help you out every step of the way.
5 Best Tuner For Dodge Charger
Best Products Quick Reference Table
Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31
The SCT Performance 40490 BDX Performance Tuner and Monitor
Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner
DiabloSport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer
DiabloSport 8345 inTune i3 Platinum Performance Programmer 3rd Generation
Best Dodge Charger Brands
Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31 – best rated tuner for Dodge 5.7 Hemi Charger
Every car enthusiast knows that car models in the mid-2000s emphasized speed control. While this has its advantages, nothing is like the freedom experienced when the throttle responds to pressure. With Pedal Commander, Dodge Chargers starting in 2007 can experience the unconstrained speed that was familiar with its predecessors. The PC31 removes almost all the delays that prevent your car or truck from being responsive to your every move. It is also for this reason that we consider the PC Throttle Response Controller to be the best rated Tuner for Dodge 5.7 Hemi Charger. No single tuner demonstrated the real power of the 5.7 Hemi engine as much as the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31.
The Pedal Commander tuner has four modes: Eco, Sport, Sport Plus, and City+4. In Eco mode, Dodge Charger owners can save up to 20% more on fuel. The City Mode reduces the lag in movement with slightly increased power. The beauty of the Pedal Commander programmer is really felt in the Sport modes, and the cars unleash their full potential in Sport+ mode.
Benefits of the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31
- Ease of Installation. The Pedal Commander has the most straightforward plug-and-play installation. In a process that takes just under six minutes, unless your ignition is on, you can have your car tuned and ready to go. First, replace your throttle sensor plug with the Pedal Commander plug. Then clean the area with alcohol before mounting the pedal commander. Lastly, use the Velcro adhesive provided to stick the Pedal Commander to the area where it will be attached.
- Stability. The Pedal Commander can push your car to the limits of its performance without causing any wear and tear. Pedal Commander does not alter the Dodge Charger’s engine safety measures or functions. It also doesn’t override the Dodge Charger’s ECU.
- Untraceable. If your programmer is off and safely put away, the Pedal Commander is entirely untraceable. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about voiding your warranty by using the PC31.
- Features. The Pedal Commander comes with Bluetooth connectivity. This allows users to adjust their Dodge Charger through the chip’s iOS and Android applications. It is also programmed to meet the needs of every Dodge Charger from 2007 to date. Finally, the Pedal Commander provides many different enhancements for your car. There over 36 different levels of adjustments to fit every need.
Pedal Commander Throttle Controller PC31 Drawbacks
- Durability. The Pedal Commander Throttle Controller PC31 is not the most robust programmer that is available. Many verified users of this product have complained about the Tuner going out after a short period. Depending on the Dodge Charger’s trim, this could be as quickly as a month to about a year. However, we have been unable to verify this claim.
- Check Engine Light. The PC31 generally does not affect the stability of your engine. Tests conducted on four distinct post-2007 Dodge Chargers reaffirm this. There was an exception. The 2010 Charger RT had a check engine light barely three days after use. Further research showed that we were not alone. There were a few complaints by Dodge Charger 2010 and 2012 RT owners.
- Throttle Light. There are complaints of throttle lights popping up shortly after installing the PC31. A majority of these complaints have come from 2012 Charger RT users
- No Diagnostics. If you are looking for diagnostic services, then this Throttle Controller is not for you. It is strictly for performance enhancement and is not intended for clearing diagnostic trouble codes.
Does the Pedal Commander Throttle Controller PC31 offer the best value for money?
Pedal Commander insist that their Tuner works with all post-2007 charger models. Our tests, supported by verified complaints, say otherwise. There are compatibility issues with the 2010 and 2012 Charger RT that reduce its effectiveness. There have also been durability concerns by verified users.
This drawback does not significantly reduce the impact of this Tuner on the performance of 6th generation Dodge Chargers. The Dodge Charger has always been hard to tune. However, the Pedal Commander Throttle Controller PC31, for the most part, does this effortlessly. This Tuner is, without the doubt, the best Tuner for 2013 Dodge Charger RT, outperforming competitors with no known compatibility issues.
- Ease of Installation
- Android/ iOS App
- Check Engine Light
- Throttle Light
- No Diagnostics
The SCT Performance 40490 BDX Performance Tuner and Monitor – Performance and Diagnostics Combined
The SCT Performance 40490 is both a performance enhancing and diagnostic tool. This chip is excellent at reading and clearing PCM diagnostic trouble codes. The dynamic color Heads-Up Display provided by the Tuner eases up real-time performance monitoring.
Why you should choose the SCT Performance 40490 BDX Performance Tuner and Monitor
- Cloud-tuning. The SCT Performance 40490 is a great medium to get the latest tunes for your car. It has a CloudTune delivery system that stores as many as 20 custom tunes on its on-board memory. This feature is a crucial advantage the SCT Performance 40490 has over other available Dodge Charger tuners. Most can only provide storage for half that number. Simply update Tunes over the Tuner’s Wi-Fi. The benefit: users can quickly experiment with as many Tunes as they wish to in quick succession.
- Stable Performance. This Tuner provides precise changes to your Dodge Charger without affecting engine stability. The SCT Performance 40490’s stability makes it one of the best Tuner for 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8.
- Gauging of Parameters. The SCT Performance 40490 allows users to read and record real-time stats. Users can also check the effectiveness of chosen parameters on the Tuner’s display.
- Diagnostics. Besides performance enhancement, this Tuner can read and clear diagnostic trouble codes.
Drawbacks of the SCT 40490 BDX Performance Tuner and Monitor
- Tough to custom tune. It is difficult and expensive to custom tune.
- Poor tech support. Tech support is hard to reach and rarely provide any useful help.
- The need to unlock PCM. All Dodge Charger models after 2015 require unlocking before programming.
Does the SCT Performance 40490 offer the best value for the money?
Those seeking gains in torque, off-road capability, towing, and horsepower will find this Tuner useful. The SCT Performance 40490 is also the absolute best Tuner for Dodge Charger 2006 v6 engines. We had proven boosts of up to 25HP without additional mods. No other car Tuner provides the same level of performance enhancement to the 2006 Dodge v6. The BDX’s real-time gauging of parameters and ability to read and clear diagnostics trouble codes will save you a trip to the dealership. When Tuner’s Wi-Fi update and cloud tuning capabilities keep it steps ahead of the competition one would expect that the SCT Performance 40490 is excellent value for the money. Right?
Unfortunately, that is not the case.
The SCT Performance 40490 is not the best Dodge Charger tuner for 2015 models and later since the PCM requires unlocking before programming. Furthermore, the SCT Performance 40490 does not write custom tunes for their products. This makes it a restrictive for a Tuner in its price bracket. This would ordinarily not be a major issue if there are professional tuners to provide a custom tune. There are not. Most professional tuners are expensive, with rates starting at $300 for a custom tune. Therefore, with the unavailability of free Tunes, the actual cost of the SCT Performance 40490 is well above its list price. Lastly, SCT’s tech support does not compare with others on this list, since most users experience hold times of 30 minutes and more.
Does the SCT Performance 40490 offer the best value for the money? If we were to rate the Tuner alone, the answer would be yes. However, it is not the case if you consider the unavailability of free tunes, poor customer support, the requirement to unlock PCM; it is doubtful. Surprisingly, once the PCM was unlocked, the SCT Performance 40490 proved to be the best Dodge Charger 2016 V6 tuner.
Overall, the SCT Performance 40490 is a very powerful tool when placed in the right hands. You should notice a significant improvement in your Dodge Charger once it gets to work.
- Monitor Parameters
- Tough to custom tune
- Poor tech support
- The need to unlock PCM
Superchips RT Tuner 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner – The best Dodge Charger
The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner is a contender for the best Tuner for Dodge Charger. But its restrictive nature has always been a drawback. The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner does not work with any SRT8. It is also incompatible with most post-2008 Dodge Chargers. However, it is the best Tuner for 2007 Dodge Charger RT and its predecessors. If you own a Dodge Charger RT from 2006 and below, this Tuner is for you.
What makes the Superchips 3845 the best Tuner for Dodge Charger RT
There are four key advantages the Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner has over its competitors as far as the Dodge Charger RT is concerned.
- Easy to install. The Superchips 3845 easily installs within minutes.
- Speedy Tuning. It is easy to get impatient when waiting for your automobile to tune. The Superchips 3845 eases this burden with its fast processor, and memory providing it with swift tuning speed. Unlike its competitors, the Superchips 3845 tuner’s quick feedback makes tuning a seamless experience.
- Availability of custom tunes. The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner comes packed with performance altering custom tunes to meet every need. The Dodge Charger can choose from four modes. There are numerous variables within each mode. The Superchips 3845 can tune TQ management, shift firmness, and shift points independently.
- Diagnostics. The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner can of read and clear diagnostics trouble codes from the Dodge Charger’s OBDII system.
- Not for use in California: Dodge Charger RT owners cannot use the Superchips 3845 tuner in California.
- Restricted use: This Superchips tuner only works with select versions of the Dodge Charger. While we found that it works on RT trim pre-2006, many customers have found it incompatible with their Dodge Charger RT.
Does the Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner offer the best value for the money?
Once a buyer is sure that there are no car compatibility issues, purchasing this Tuner is a no brainer. Beyond this limitation, the Superchips 3845 is the best Tuner for Dodge Charger RT models before 2007. This is due to its ease of installation, speed, diagnostic capabilities, and numerous custom tunes/
- Easy to install
- Speedy Tuning
- Availability of custom tunes
- Not for use in California
- Restricted use
DiabloSport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer – The best performance tuner for 2012 Dodge Charger RT, SRT8
The DiabloSport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer is by far one of the best Tuner chips for HP gain dodge charger has available. No other car tuner on this list reported more significant gains in horsepower. It is the best performance tuner for 2012 Dodge Charger RT, SRT8. Many DiabloSport 8300 car Tuner users have reported increases by up to 50HP. The DiabloSport 8300 is one of the few tuners compatible with both the 2012 Dodge Charger RT and SRT8.
Benefits of the DiabloSport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer
- High Performance. The sole aim of the DiabloSport 8300 is maximizing torque and horsepower. It delivers a minimum gain of 20 horsepower on its pre-loaded tunes. But, when installed on a 2012 Dodge Charger RT it performs at its best with recorded gains of up to 50HP. Thus, it is a no brainer that it is the best performance Tuner for 2012 dodge charger RT.
- 50 State Compliant. Despite maximizing performance, DiabloSport surprisingly does not cut any corners with this Tuner. There is nothing better than the ability to push the limits of your car or truck without emissions violations. The DiabloSport is 50 State compliant.
- Ease of installation. The DiabloSport 8300 easily installs through the OBDII port, in under 5 minutes.
- Multiple Dodge Charger Tuning. This Dodge charger tuner is unique as it can tune many vehicles simultaneously. However, you need a separate tuning license to carry out Multiple vehicle tuning.
Drawbacks of the DiabloSport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer
- No Custom Tunes: The DiabloSport 8300 does not accept custom tunes from its Chip Master Revolution. This car tuner does not grant you the chance to squeeze out every drop of torque from your Dodge Charger.
- Slow tuning time: The DiabloSport 8300 is not the fastest car tuner out there. A bit of patience is needed while this car tuner optimizes your car’s performance to suit your needs.
- Limited preloaded tunes: The DiabloSport 8300 only comes with three preloaded Tunes. Users cannot upload custom tunes. Bear in mind, that this DiabloSport’s primary focus is boosting horsepower and torque.
Does the Diablosport 8300 inTune i3 Performance Programmer offer the best value for the money?
The DiabloSport has a two-pronged focus: torque and horsepower. If that is not your sole priority, then this car tuner is not for you. It provides the user with limited preloaded tunes without the option of customization. The DiabloSport 8300 is one of the best Tuner chips for HP gain Dodge Charger model has. It remains an excellent buy for any user who wishes to max out his car’s power without customizing his Tunes. The phenomenal results for such a user are worth the price.
- Ease of installation
- 50 State Compliant
- High Performance
- Multiple Dodge Charger Tuning
- No Custom Tunes
- Slow tuning time
- Limited preloaded tunes
DiabloSport 8345 inTune i3 Platinum Performance Programmer 3rd Generation – The best Tuner for Dodge Charger racing
Like its compatriot, the DiabloSport 8345 focuses on boosting torque and horsepower. However, unlike the DiabloSport 8300, this Tuner allows you to take full control of your Dodge Charger. Nothing is left to chance. Besides providing you with optimal preloaded tunes, you can carry out almost any customization you desire.
Benefits of the DiabloSport 8345
- High Performance. The DiabloSport 8345 pushes the Dodge Charger to its limits without affecting stability.
- Custom Tuning: The DiabloSport 8345 allows you to custom tune your car to suit your needs.
Disadvantages of the DiabloSport 8345
Like every car tuner out there, every advantage has an equivalent disadvantage. These are the limitations of the DiabloSport 8345.
- Ease of installation: The DiabloSport 8345 is not very easy to install. You first will have to update the unit before installing it, which takes about 30 minutes. Despite the lengthy duration, the installation process is, however, straightforward.
- Slow tuning time: Tuning your Dodge Charger with the DiabloSport 8345 takes some time.
- 50 State Compliant: The DiabloSport 8345 is not 50 State Compliant.
Does the DiabloSport 8345 inTune i3 Performance Programmer offer the best value for the money?
Performance tests conducted show that the Diablosport 8345 is arguably the best Tuner for Dodge Charger SRT8. Yet it lacks in ease of installation and tuning times. Yet the ability to push limits without affecting stability and the freedom to customize makes it an excellent buy.
- Custom Tuning
- Multiple Dodge Charger Tuning
- High Performance
- Not easy to install
- Slow tuning time
- Not 50 State Compliant
Buyers Guide to Choosing the Best Dodge Charger Tuner
When do you need a tuner?
If you are reading an article on the best Tuner for Dodge Charger, you probably do not need to know why you need a tuner. However, if you do not know, a tuner is necessary if you need to alter your vehicle’s performance. A tuner works by communicating with the computer of your car/ truck through the OBDII diagnostic port. Tuners help with transmission shift point adjustment, speedometer correction, diagnostics, speed limitation or removal, and fuel gauge monitoring.
What to do before buying a car tuner
There are three things to do before you start searching for a car tuner. First, you need to understand what your expectations are and precisely the changes you want to make. This will allow you to make an informed decision with our guide. You should also, discuss this matter with your mechanic. Our research does not replace the mechanic’s role in helping you decide what might work best for your car, depending on your needs. The last thing to do is to read the detailed product reviews to determine the suitability or lack thereof of your chosen Tuner. Finally, and most importantly, we urge you to set reasonable expectations. Dodge Chargers do not provide unlimited room for modifications. However, with the right Tuner, you can make significant changes to the performance of your car or truck.
What to look out for when seeking a tuner
Several vital factors guided our decision on the best dodge charger tuner in the market, and they are as follows:
- The comparative advantage each Dodge Charger tuner under review has over others currently in the market.
- The quality, durability, and efficiency and effectiveness of the Tuner.
- What trim of Dodge Charger is the tuner most effective?
- Is the Dodge Charger tuner is excellent value for money?
- The opinions of long-term users of each of the products.
All the factors listed above have guided our decision on the best dodge charger brands today.
Basic Dodge Charger Tuner Facts and Questions
Is the Pedal Commander Throttle Controller PC13 the best Tuner for 2006 dodge charger Hemi?
Some of the car tuners on this list are compatible with the 2006 Dodge Charger, including the Pedal Commander Throttle Controller. However, the best Tuner for 2006 Dodge Charger Hemi has been the Innovative Performance Chip/Power Programmer. Its preloaded tunes significantly improve fuel mileage and save gas. Although, the Pedal Commander, is the best rated Tuner for Dodge 5.7 Hemi Charger, it does not work with the 2006 Dodge Charger Hemi.
Is the Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31 compatible with the 2007 Dodge Charger RT?
Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC31 works great with 2007 Dodge Charger. But the best Tuner for 2007 Dodge Charger RT is the Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5.
Which Tuner works best with 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8
The SCT Performance 40490 is an excellent Tuner for your 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8, delivering excellent all-round performance. But those looking for the best Tuner for 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 for race use only, then the DiabloSport I2010 inTune i2 is an excellent choice.
I own a diablo sport tuner i2 which shift works best for freeway Dodge Charger.
The DiabloSport inTune i2 aims at torque and horsepower. For Dodge Chargers DiabloSport InTune i2 Performance Programmer can provide significant boosts to hardware performance. When deciding for Diablo Sport Tuner i2 which shift works best for freeway Dodge Charger performance, it is merely advisable to use the 93 Octane Tune. Though average gains are 23-27HP, it is possible to get up to 60HP on your Dodge Charger. Results depend on your hardware, understanding of graphs, and shift pressure.
Is the diablo tune different from the 93 octane tune?
No, there is no difference between the Diablo tune and the 93 Octane tune. The latter appears as the Diablo Tune in DiabloSport Performance Programmers.
What is the best Tuner for 2013 Dodge Charger RT?
The decision on the best Tuner for 2013 Dodge Charger RT came down to two primary contenders viz; the DiabloSport 8345 inTune i3 Platinum Performance Programmer, and the DiabloSport 9345 Trinity T2 EX Performance Programmer. The DiabloSport 9345 came with a hefty amount of cool features. But none made a clear difference in the performance of the 2013 Dodge Charger RT. We eventually had to settle for a more affordable alternative that is most effective on the 2013 Dodge Charger RT. So the DiabloSport 8345 inTune i3 Platinum Performance has to be ranked the best Tuner for 2013 Dodge Charger RT.
What is the best Tuner for 2006 Dodge Charger RT?
The Superchips 3845 Flashpaq F5 Tuner showed the most remarkable enhancements and is the best Tuner for the 2006 Dodge Charger Hemi and RT.
Is buying a car tuner cheaper than a car dyno
Diagnostics cost at a car dyno start at $400. The cost can only go up from there. Yes a car tuner can improve performance. Still, the results would only equate to a car dyno’s if the owner makes necessary upgrades to the car’s parts. For some car tuners, custom tuning can be pricey. There is no guarantee that a car tuner will be cheaper than a car dyno – although it generally is. This depends on the value of the car tuner and its associated expenses.
Despite the limitations in tuning a Dodge Charger, there are many available car tuners that can give you the driving experience you desire. The problem, of course, is making a choice. There are numerous factors to consider when choosing the best Tuner for a Dodge Charger: durability, customized tuning, updates, compatibility, price, and effectiveness. Irrespective of your decision, your choice of a car tuner should prioritize your car or truck’s stability.